Thursday, February 8, 2018

Pie Hearts

Stress Baking + Stress Eating = BFF's
pie heartsWoke up this morning and started going over today's to-do list, at which point I immediately needed a few "me" moments. Its been one of those weeks where nothing I did felt enjoyable, more like everything was a chore that I needed to get done. And while the week is coming to an end, the to-do list is as long as ever. So on a whim, I decided to carve out a little time for myself this morning to de-stress doing one of my favorite things...baking. 
pie hearts
 Best part of this recipe is how completely simple and quick it is. I had time to make it, bake it, eat it, and share it all before my morning class and a full day of clinic today. If you're always on the go like me, but want a little something special to add to your list of treats, this is it. 

INGREDIENTS
All you really need is pie crust and your favorite filling, like jam or nutella. For this batch, I used a raspberry peach champagne jam that we picked up on our travels. I had fresh raspberries and frozen peaches on hand so I diced them up and mixed them into the jam. Basically, you can make this as creative or as simple as you want it to be. 
pie hearts
I prefer a pie crust from scratch, but you can always use the pre-made crusts in a pinch. As for the filling, you can literally add anything you want to it. 
 ❤️ 
2 Pie Crusts 
Jam or Nutella or Both
Fruit Topping (optional)

DIRECTIONS
 Preheat the Oven to 375 
Roll out your pie dough and Prep with heart-shaped cookie cutters 
pie hearts
Place hearts onto a nonstick baking sheet- I used this one 
Cover the hearts with filling and place a second heart on top 
Bake for ~20 minutes 
pie hearts
I'm loving these pie hearts for how quick and easy they were to make. 
Perfect little love day treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment