Monday, August 14, 2017

101 in 1001: Update #2

I haven't checked in with my 101 in 1001 since my February Update and I'm ashamed to say that I've only crossed a few more items off my list since then. Thankfully, it involves some of my more ambitious goals, but I still need to make some headway on all the smaller items soon so this doesn't sneak up on me.
101 in 1001 update
COMPLETED
#4 Cast a spell at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter 
Thanks to our recent Florida Trip, I was able to check off a few items. Top of the list would be finally visiting HP World. We spent an entire day in Universal Studios Orlando casting spells, riding the Forbidden Journey through Hogwarts, and drinking all the butterbeers. B-E-S-T D-A-Y E-V-E-R. Detailshere

#8 Go camping on the Beach 
While traveling through the Florida Keys, we had the opportunity to camp right on the beach! I awakened at sunrise to the sound of stone crabs scuttling outside our tent and got to watch a grey heron catching his breakfast while Husband snoozed beside me. This is definitely a cherished memory of mine that I will not soon forget. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend camping in the keys

#33 No clothes shopping for 2 entire months  
I actually went 3 months without buying clothes and shared three big lessons I learned from the process here. One thing I will say, is that I will never view shopping the same way, even if I did have too much fun ending my spending freeze

IN PROGRESS 
#1 Hike through 10 new national parks
I still oscillate between wondering if this goal was too ambitious or just right. We're hoping to visit all 59 of the parks together in our lifetime, so I figured we better get cracking now as it might take decades.
Since my February update, we crossed 4 more national parks off our list! In March, we visited the world's largest cave system and truly, that's one mammoth cave. Then in late spring, we hit up all 3 of Florida's national parks in as many days. They make for a beautiful collage don't they? 


#87 Hit my Goal Weight 
So I lost a ton of weight at the start of the year, like 11 pounds, but then gained a bit of it back during my hectic spring semester with stress eating. But this summer, I've managed to lose 6 pounds so far. And the other day, I wore a pair of jeans that haven't fit in TWO years. Making baby steps towards this one. 

I think I need to put a mini-goal within my goal of the 101 in 1001 list and plan to cross off at least six more items between now and my next update in November. 
Wish me luck. 

4 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a great job! It may not be a lot to "cross off" but its still big goals! I had no idea you could camp in the Keys, what a cool experience!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'm trying. And yes camping on the beach was definitely amazing

      Delete
  2. You are killing me with your goals! I am weirdly obsessed with your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks. I figured if I was going to make a 101 in 1001 list, I may as well challenge myself and have some cool experiences along the way too

      Delete