Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Lake Crescent

Wanderlust Wednesday-Week 32
During our anniversary road trip through the PNW, the place I was looking forward to visiting most was Olympic National Park. In fact, our main motivation for flying across the country stemmed from this desire. 
After a long day in Seattle, we took a chilly ferry ride across the Puget Sound to Bainbridge Island. From there, it was a 3 hour car ride. I volunteered to drive because I didn't want to miss a single minute of what was coming next. And when we finally pulled into the park, we were greeted by gentle mosses ruffling against the car and a family of roosevelt elk crossing the road. I could just feel that this place was going to be even better than I dreamed. As we cozied into bed that night, I was grateful for my exhaustion because it was the only thing forcing me to contain my excitement and sleep. Well that and the gentle lulling of Lake Crescent right outside our window. 
We spent 3 nights at Lake Crescent Lodge and never got tired of waking up to this view. 

loved how everyday at Lake Crescent started off with foggy mountain mornings turning into sunny lake afternoons 
It was a little too cold for swimming, but we spent plenty of time on the lake, playing along the dock and kayaking. 
We made ourselves go on a hike to Marymere Falls. It was more a nature walk actually. And the 2 mile path was right behind the lodge. But it was short and sweet and worth leaving the lodge for. 

Then back to the lodge by the lake that we loved so much 

 You'd think it was late the way we were sacked out on the sofa for the night, but it wasn't even 7! We turned in this early every night because returning to this place was a highlight of our day. 

Lodge Fires and Pumpkin Beers with my Favorite. 
Doesn't really get any better. 
And one last sneak peak of our 100 year old lodge room. 
Normally our travel schedules are go go go, but something about Lake Crescent was different. We cancelled so many of our other plans and traded them in for fireside chats at the lodge, sleeping in during foggy mornings, and lazy afternoons by the lake. I always have a plan for the day, but this is the first time we visited a place that made me want to drop everything and slow down without having that sinking feeling that we were missing out on something. This place and the way it made us feel will forever live in our hearts during such a special time in our marriage. Love you lots Lake Crescent, I promise we will be back. 

2 comments:

  1. So so beautiful! The PNW is unreal. I can't wait to follow some of these tips someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved the PNW, it's been our favorite place we visited along the west coast so far

      Delete